If you have to remember one thing and one thing only, tattoo this on your forehead if necessary: www.finn.no
Whatever it is you are looking for wherever you live in Norway, you can be sure you will find it there.
- You want a job? Companies publish the same job ads here as on their corporate website. Even headhunters publish their client’s ads here.
- Looking for a place to live in? All ads are published here, including all the ones from the newspapers. You can set up filters and alerts too.
- Need furniture? clothes? a car? a wedding dress? Anything 2nd hand can be found on Finn (depending on the season!).
- You want to get rid of something? put it on finn. You would be surprised at some of the things people are willing to go out of their way for.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Putting up an ad is free if you want to give away something and 25NOK if you want to sell
- You can upload your CV. It will increase your chances to be “headhunted”
- Looking for an apartment: there are 3 Norwegian “must-haves” when looking for a place (this is particularly important if you are looking to buy):
- A separate (big) kitchen: to keep the smells locked in one room. Pros: the rest of the house will smell nice and clean. Cons: your hair and clothes will be impregnated with the smell of whatever you were making. Personally I prefer open kitchens because I like wide spaces. Besides, it’s not like people cook everyday here…
- A balcony for the summer: not really my thing, but it is important for Norwegians, so they can BBQ without having to go to the park (again, a “smell” thing I suppose….)
- A chimney for the winter: go for it, go for it, go for it!!!!!!! I had never had one, so I didn’t think it was important. Now that we have a fireplace: at the end of the day, after a hard day at the office, when ask myself: “Is this what life is all about?” the answer is YES because my feet are next to the fire! 😀